Monday, February 28, 2011

playing with paint !

As some of you know from my previous posts i have been going to Sandra Spagnuolio's studio to play,  she is a mixed media artist and has wonderful energy. I am learning so much regarding colour and texture and best of all i'm having fun.  I wanted to share a mixed media canvas i painted i used painted paper kitchen towel for some of the flowers and  raffia for some of the stems i added a crackle glaze to the finished surface.
  My next set of paintings was from a class where we had to not think about what we wanted as an end result and to use a limited amount of colours and use them in each square it was hard not to think out a process but i do like the outcome and i think i will add some stitches and i may put them into a quilt or frame them.  What do you all think ??

my canvas

my paintings

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, you have been having fun haven't you. Love everything, keep 'em coming. I'm in a creative abyss at the moment, and love seeing what others are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous results! Like that larger one very much, could imagine that as a tryptych but cut skew whiff rather than just rectangular?
    Though its scary isnt it, cutting anything up when youve laboured over its birth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really jealous of your paintings. Fantastic. I see you put a crown on your head on your journal page. Queen for a day?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails